YUI Loader is weird

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2007
      While following the server-side pagination example I noticed that the YUI
      Loader takes too much of it.

      The body of the actual function that does what the example is meant to do
      starts after three levels of asynchronous callbacks, indented 6 levels after
      more than 30 lines of code that makes no sense whatsoever for the purpose of
      the material being presented. The code requires keeping track of the state
      of the loader via a couple of (shudder) global variables gRunInit and
      gRunDataTable and, when you think you are done with the loader you find
      close to the bottom of it all a call to loader.insert();

      While the component documentation lists all the dependencies and where to
      get one or the other, the code presented as an example simply distracts the
      reader from the point its trying to make with endless lines of unrelated
      Loader material. You cannot expect people reading the samples, trying to
      understand any one new component to first become an expert in Loader to
      simply understand what is going on. This is not good from a teaching point
      of view.

      It is also not good at convincing me to use the Loader itself.
      If the loader cannot be simplified, I'm much afraid I'm not buying.