TabView CPU stall

  • Vince
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2007
      Hey there,

      Firstly, I'd like to say yui rocks; it's awesome. I've been using it
      for about 4 months and the documentation and code have been more than
      sufficient to solve any problems I've come across.

      However, this one I'm not sure of. I have a page that uses TabView.
      The first tab is in the html and the others are dynamic. Small pages
      work fine, but once the page gets large, the page can bring the CPU to
      a crawl on IE7 and FF. FF tends to bring up the 'stop script' message.

      Anyways, it appears to go on indefinitely.

      Here's the functional page in a small working version:
      http://weaktight.com/s475

      Here's the same page with much more data in the initial tab (check the
      cpu usage):
      http://weaktight.com/s484

      I'm on yui2.3.0

      thanks,
      Vince.
    • xyztesta
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2007
        Hi
        I am new to YUI and this is just great. But my concern is how
        efficient YUI is, coz there is many javascript files needs to be
        referred. If we use these javascript files will it clash with other
        visual elements in our page or javascript that we use ?

        I have seen your webpages. yes, the second page takes slightly higher
        time than the first. But this is justifiable as it contains large data
        than the first page. Otherwise, I don't see any problem with these
        pages and work nice. But I don't understand what those pages are all
        about...LOL.

        All the best!

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Vince" <vincej@...> wrote:

        > Hey there,
        >
        > Firstly, I'd like to say yui rocks; it's awesome. I've been using it
        > for about 4 months and the documentation and code have been more than
        > sufficient to solve any problems I've come across.
        >
        > However, this one I'm not sure of. I have a page that uses TabView.
        > The first tab is in the html and the others are dynamic. Small pages
        > work fine, but once the page gets large, the page can bring the CPU to
        > a crawl on IE7 and FF. FF tends to bring up the 'stop script' message.
        >
        > Anyways, it appears to go on indefinitely.
        >
        > Here's the functional page in a small working version:
        > http://weaktight.com/s475
        >
        > Here's the same page with much more data in the initial tab (check the
        > cpu usage):
        > http://weaktight.com/s484
        >

        > I'm on yui2.3.0
        >
        > thanks,