Re: [ydn-javascript] How do I get the event target?

  • Nige White
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2006
      ticklishturtletoe wrote:

      >I'm implementing AutoComplete on several identical fields in a form.
      >As necessary, each field has its own AutoComplete instance, and I
      >have each instance subscribe to the textboxKeyEvent:
      >
      >autoComplete[i].textboxKeyEvent.subscribe(onKeyPress);

      If you've read the FM...

      autoComplete[i].textboxKeyEvent.subscribe(onKeyPress, autoComplete[i],
      true/false);

      The second arg is passed to the onKeyPress function arg the 3rd argument (2nd is the argument array from the fire() call). If you pass the third parameter as true, that 2nd argument becomes the scope the call is executed in (the "this" object).