YUI History Manager events

  • Jakub Nesetril
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2007
      PROBLEM: is there any way in History Manager to capture back/forward navigation event with
      information if the user is navigation back or forward? As far as I can see, I can only access
      state string of the new state I am transfering to - but not the direction.

      MOTIVATION: I'm trying to use History manager for back/forward navigation inside a linear
      wizard-type walkthrough. Upon going to the next page, I need to perform certain validation
      rules. When going back using the back button, editing some information and pressing the
      forward button (as opposed to some submit etc.), I need to be able to trigger the validation
      and block the forward navigation if data doesn't validate.

      What are your thoughts?

      --Jakub
    • Julien Lecomte
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2007

        Jakub,

        Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing whether the user hit the back or forward button.

        Regards,

        Julien