Getting started from scratch, really

  • owen_b_leonard
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2007
      I find that the Yahoo documentation for YUI makes a lot of
      assumptions, without giving a good basis for understanding the
      examples. Maybe I'm not starting in the right place, I don't know.

      For instance: What does "YAHOO.example.init = function () {" do?

      Is there any good reading for absolute beginners? Yahoo doesn't seem
      to be the place.

      -- Owen
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2007
        Douglass Crockford videos on JavaScript are a very good start:

        http://video.yahoo.com/search/video?p=douglass+crockford

        Start with "The JavaScript Programming Language" 1 of 4