menu.css and container.css don't play well together

  • ishafe
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2007
      I'm using a MenuBar with 2.3.0 and I've found that if I include the
      sam container.css, it breaks my MenuBar. When I say "breaks", I mean
      the text of the menu slips to the top of the page. It's not until I
      mouseover the text that it goes to the right place.

      I'm using IE6. This behavior does not happen in Firefox 1.8.

      Has anybody else seen this?
    • ishafe
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 9, 2007
        I've found a CSS rule that effects this. It's the first rule in
        container.css:

        .yui-overlay,.yui-panel-container
        {visibility:hidden;position:absolute;z-index:1;}

        If I comment out the position rule above, the menu works. But it
        breaks all my container stuff.

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "ishafe" <ian@...> wrote:

        > I'm using a MenuBar with 2.3.0 and I've found that if I include the
        > sam container.css, it breaks my MenuBar. When I say "breaks", I mean
        > the text of the menu slips to the top of the page. It's not until I
        > mouseover the text that it goes to the right place.
        >
        > I'm using IE6. This behavior does not happen in Firefox 1.8.
        >
        > Has anybody else seen this?

      • Adam Moore
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2007
          On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 11:33:21PM -0000, ishafe wrote:
          > I'm using a MenuBar with 2.3.0 and I've found that if I include the
          > sam container.css, it breaks my MenuBar. When I say "breaks", I mean
          > the text of the menu slips to the top of the page. It's not until I
          > mouseover the text that it goes to the right place.
          >
          > I'm using IE6. This behavior does not happen in Firefox 1.8.

          Try the fix described in the first item in the known issues section for
          menu. The fix is for Safari, but it may apply to IE as well.

          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#knownissues

          -Adam
        • ishafe
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 9, 2007
            I fixed this by adding a CSS rule in my stylesheet like this:

            #id ..yui-overlay, #id .yui-panel-container
            {position:relative;}

            Where 'id' is the id of my MenuBar.