Re: Strange interaction between dragdrop mousemove and IE htmlfile

  • randomjuju
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2006
      Hm.. so that worked when there were no draggable objects in the
      document body. It seems less happy now that I've actually created a
      DD object. I'll keep poking at it and see what I can discover.

      Thanks!

      -Jon

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "randomjuju" <jon.chambers@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi there!
      >
      > I've discovered a pretty weird bug. It's possible to open a
      > persistent connection to a service using an ActiveX "htmlfile" object,
      > as described here: http://alex.dojotoolkit.org/?p=538
      >
      > Problems arise, though, when the YIU dragdrop library is used at the
      > same time. If the dragdrop library is included in a page that has an
      > embedded htmlfile with a persistent connection, moving the mouse will
      > cause the connection to close from the client side. The offending
      > lines (1486-1490) in version 0.10 of dragdrop are from the
      > handleMouseMove function, and are:
      >
      > // check for IE mouseup outside of page boundary
      > if (YAHOO.util.Event.isIE && !e.button) {
      > this.stopEvent(e);
      > return this.handleMouseUp(e);
      > }
      >
      > I imagine this is a pretty rare thing, but I did want to at least
      > document it. Commenting out that block of code makes everything happy
      > again, but presumably at the loss of detecting mouseup events outside
      > of the page boundary.
      >
      > Weird stuff.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > -Jon

    • randomjuju
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2006
        So as near as I can tell, the problem actually comes from associating
        a listener with the mousemove event (at the document level). Even a
        simple test case (really -- just adding the binding, not even going
        through the YUI event utility) makes everything break.

        It's definitely an IE bug. Sorry for all the confusion!