Problem with Autocomplete

  • Hugo L√≥pez
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2007
      First: sorry for my english :(

      I am using the control autocomplete in Firefox 2.0.0.6.
      When I do some change in an text item and immediately (before the
      expiration of the queryDelay) press TAB (to go to the next item) the
      Autocomplete control fires the data request of the item I'm leaving.

      You can see a "test case" of this in the "Sample Search (1 sec query
      delay)" in
      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/ac_ysearch_flat.html

      If you type "alab" + Tab, the Firebug shows the connection to:
      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/assets/php/ysearch_flat.php?query=alab

      (The same thing happens if you click in the next item after writing).

      Is there anyway to avoid this? (Make the request only when the
      queryDelay expires without leaving the item).

      Thanks in advance.