Re: [ydn-javascript] YUI DataTable and formatter: button

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2007
      The button formatter will make a button with the label taken from the data
      in the field. If it is an added column with no underlying data, it will put
      the text "Click" on it.

      You can easily change that by defining your own on-the-spot formatter:

      {key:"delete", label: "", sortable:false, resizeable:false,formatter:
      function (elCell) {
      elCell.innerHTML = '<button>Delete</button>';
      }}

      The formatter function receives additional arguments, which you can see in
      the documentation but I think you might not be concerned with. Just as you
      can draw a button, you might as well draw an image or whate4ver you want by
      setting the innerHTML of the container cell. For a button you would have to
      listen to buttonClickEvent, for clicks on images to cellClickEvent and if
      you insert a hyperlinklink to linkClickEvent.

      In http://yuiblog.com/blog/2007/09/26/satyam-datatable-2/, the first section
      of the article deals with drawing an icon and then responding to it in order
      to delete a record.