RE: [ydn-javascript] Doctype recommendation misleading?

  • Nate Koechley
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2007
      Hey Ryan,

      Good point. I'll work to tell a more cohesive story in the next documentation update.

      As I wrote in the first sentence of the Getting Started guide for Grids, "We use and recommend this !DOCTYPE to trigger Standards Mode in browsers with multiple rendering modes: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"> "

      As you note, other doctypes trigger the same mode. A list of those is in this article:

      Thanks,
      Nate