Not allowing to select a row in a datatable...

  • Nagasamudram, Prasanna Kumar
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2007

      Hi All

      I have a data table where on, cell click event I call selectrow.

      Is it possible that I can blur a row, I mean make a row not to handle any events ?

      Thanks

      Prasanna

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2007
        To select a row, you would normally have this code somewhere:

        myDataTable.subscribe("rowClickEvent"myDataTable.onEventSelectRow);

        Instead of passing that event straight to the onEventSelectRow method, you would catch it and do what you want:

        myDataTable.subscribe("rowClickEvent", function(ev) {
            var record = this.getRecord(ev.target);
            if (record.getData('somefield') == 'something') {
                this.onEventSelectRow(ev);
            }
        });

        In this case I am making the row selection depending on the value of some field, otherwise nothing happens.

        As for blurring those rows that cannot be selected, I would define a CSS style that looks blurred and assign it to the rows not to be selected.  I would do that via the formatter column for the field that conditions the selectability.

        formatter: function(elCell,oRecord, oColumn,oData) {
            if (oData != 'something') {
                var row = this.getTrEl(elCell);
                YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass(row,'blurred');
            }
            elCell.innerHTML = oData;
        };

        Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 2:24 PM
        Subject: [ydn-javascript] Not allowing to select a row in a datatable...

        Hi All

        I have a data table where on, cell click event I call selectrow.

        Is it possible that I can blur a row, I mean make a row not to handle any events ?

        Thanks

        Prasanna

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      • Nagasamudram, Prasanna Kumar
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2007

          Thanks a lot satyam.

          The formatter was what I was looking for.

          This solved my purpose.

          Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 2:24 PM

          Hi All

          I have a data table where on, cell click event I call selectrow.

          Is it possible that I can blur a row, I mean make a row not to handle any events ?

          Thanks

          Prasanna

          size=2 width="100%" align=center>

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.