Re: Javascript book?!

  • Ankit Gupta
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2007
      You can try JavaScript: The Definitive Guide By David Flanagan. I am
      reading it these days. It is pretty comprehensive still grounds up for
      new learners like me.

      Regards
      Ankit

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "juliusdietz" <juliusdietz@...>
      wrote:

      > hello all!
      >
      > I use the YUI quite a bit but would say that my foundations in
      > Javascript, scripting and especially object oriented (or based?)
      > Javascript are rather basic and incomplete.
      >
      > I'm using the 'object literal' but basically mainly because the
      > projects I work on had been started in this way already so even with
      > that I have the feeling I don't know all the pros and cons and why
      > this seems to be the way to go...
      >
      > Anyway - because of all this I want to buy a book ;)
      > And in order for it to be just the right book for me I was hoping you
      > could point me in the right direction!
      >
      > It would be good if your recommendations took into account that I'm
      > using the YUI a lot :)
      >
      > Also I'm less fussed about what individual functions etc do as I can
      > look that up quite easily on the web but more about 'architecture' and
      > 'patterns'.
      >
      > thanks,
      > Julius
      >
      > PS: Do you think this might be worth the wait in my case?

      http://www.amazon.com/JavaScript-Design-Patterns-Dustin-Diaz/dp/15905990\
      8X/ref=tag_tdp_sa_edpp_i/103-4993575-2048662

      > or this...

      http://www.amazon.com/DOM-Scripting-Design-JavaScript-Document/dp/159059\
      5335/ref=cm_lmf_img_7_rdssss0/103-4993575-2048662