Re: [ydn-javascript] Can I connect to another host with YUI/Ajax?

  • Gopal Venkatesan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
      On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 04:18:37AM -0000, Frank wrote:
      > I know this isn't a pure YUI question but I'm curious what techniques
      > the folks on here have used for this type of challenge..
      >
      > Basically I want site A to serve up HTM/JS(YUI) and connect to site
      > B's server side components using Ajax. I know this isn't the 'normal'
      > way of doing things, but can it be done? What are the limitations?
      >
      > Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

      Doing cross domain Ajax isn't hard, but it has its own problems.
      Anyway, you can either use a proxy, or write a server-side script that
      connects to the remote server and returns the result for you.

      http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=cross+domain+ajax&ei=UTF-8

      --
      Gopal Venkatesan

      http://gopalarathnam.com/weblog/