Autocomplete and Cut / Paste (keyboard and mouse)

  • thantous
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2007
      Greetings,

      I have multiple auto-complete instances on my page that users are
      going to want to cut and paste between. However, when using the
      keyboard shortcut (Windows) of CTRL-C, the autocomplete instances
      queries the data source again. I have looked at the examples of the
      json data feed from the main yui site and the sample auto-completes
      do the same thing. I am able to hook CTRL-C using
      YAHOO.util.Event.KeyListen but I am unable to find the magic required
      to stop the auto-complete for requesting data again.

      Thank you in advance,
      Thantous

      p.s. I have to ask for permission before I can post code