Offline images for container icons

  • swamyveera
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
      Hi there, am using a container widget, my current project is going to
      be an intranet project which shall not have any internet access, i
      observed that the icons for the dialog box are being retrieved from
      yahoo servers, how can i get this to be done offline?

      Thanks
    • gib
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
        Hey Swamy,

        I'm not an expert, but I pulled this from the README file:

        Note: If a component makes use of images, the image source path in the
        component's CSS file will point to Akamai.  The physical images are also
        available in the assets/ directory for local availability.  Please modify the
        CSS image references if you wish to use your own image assets.
        In the containter widget directory: yui_0.10.0\yui\build\container\assets
        there is a container.css file.  You'll find image references in there that you can use to point to the local copies that are also in this assets folder.

        Cheers

        On 6/2/06, swamyveera <swamyveera@...> wrote:
        Hi there, am using a container widget, my current project is going to
        be an intranet project which shall not have any internet access, i
        observed that the icons for the dialog box are being retrieved from
        yahoo servers, how can i get this to be done offline?

        Thanks

        C programming language Computer programming languages Java programming language
        The c programming language C programming language Concept of programming language

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • catlincolin
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2006
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "swamyveera" <swamyveera@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi there, am using a container widget, my current project is going
          > be an intranet project which shall not have any internet access, i
          > observed that the icons for the dialog box are being retrieved
          from
          > yahoo servers, how can i get this to be done offline?
          >
          > Thanks

          In my usage, I wanted the files local because they sometimes took an
          unexpected while to download.

          I'm sure it's not the standard way. But in a pinch here's what I
          did.

          Run the example, rightclick and save the icons/images into a folder.

          Do a search for the icons in the .js code. And change the paths to
          point to that local folder.

          If you want to get fancy, create a global constant at the beginning
          of the file and append that as the path instead. That way you can
          just change the constant at the beginning of the file, just in case
          you need to change the path again in the future.

          Like I said, probably a more standard way, but this worked for me.

          Best,

          -Colin