how to: attach a custom event listener to a menu item

  • Norman
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2007
      I have a custom event fired by an object separate from menus. I would
      like to attach a listener to that event on one of my menu items so that
      it can check/uncheck itself. How can I attach a custom event listener
      to a menu item? (My menu bar is build using JSON).

      Thank you in advance,
      Norman.
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
        Norman -

        One of the Menu examples demonstrates how to attach event listeners to
        MenuItem instances when building Menu from a JSON structure:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/example09.html

        - Todd