Possible to set/trap a timeout on a fileupload with the connection object?

  • Chris Banford
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 29, 2007
      Hi list,

      I'm wondering if there is a way to set and handle a timeout period for
      the YUI Connection Manager, when doing a file upload? I've read the docs
      carefully and there only seems to be a success handler option for file
      uploads.

      I need to do some clean up work if a file upload fails, and am not sure
      how to retrieve this (I even tried adding a timeout and failure handler
      to the conn object, but it throws errors if you do this with file upload...)

      Any ideas?

      -Chris
    • bretlevy
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 30, 2007
        I have a datatable that has a button on a row. I subscribed to the
        button click event as follows:

        myDataTable.subscribe ("buttonClickEvent", cmdProps_Click);

        And everything is cool, but now I have two different buttons on each
        row. I need to know what's "in" the "oArgs" argument passed to the
        event handler so I can tell which button was clicked. The columns
        have the formatter set to "button", so both columns call the same
        handler. There must be a way to "extract" something from the oArgs
        object that lets me tell which column/button got clicked on.

        Currently I am working around the problem by not formatting the
        columns as buttons and simply writing a <button> tag to the column
        with an onclick event that identifies which button got pressed, but
        that forces me to mix the inline javascript with the yui-based js,
        which I don't like.

        There must be docs on what's in that object somewhere, right?

        tx,
        ~~bret
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 30, 2007
          Most often, you don't need any value from the button itself. If you do a:

          var record = this.getRecord(oArgs.target);

          You have all the information from the whole record for that row, so there is
          no need to label or put any special tag to the button itself, whatever you
          want you may get by doing:

          var someCrucialField = record.getData('keyOfCrucialField'); // usually the
          database primary key

          Likewise, if you have more than one button on the same row in different
          columns, doing:

          var column=this.getColumn(oArgs.target);

          will give you all the info you put into the column definitions including the
          column.key property, which is the most useful to identify it.

          Actually, you don't even need to have an actual button on the cell, any
          icon, text or whatever you want will serve. If you don't have a button, you
          won't listen to buttonClickEvent but to cellClickEvent.

          > I have a datatable that has a button on a row. I subscribed to the
          > button click event as follows:
          >
          > myDataTable.subscribe ("buttonClickEvent", cmdProps_Click);
          >
          > And everything is cool, but now I have two different buttons on each
          > row. I need to know what's "in" the "oArgs" argument passed to the
          > event handler so I can tell which button was clicked. The columns
          > have the formatter set to "button", so both columns call the same
          > handler. There must be a way to "extract" something from the oArgs
          > object that lets me tell which column/button got clicked on.
          >
          > Currently I am working around the problem by not formatting the
          > columns as buttons and simply writing a <button> tag to the column
          > with an onclick event that identifies which button got pressed, but
          > that forces me to mix the inline javascript with the yui-based js,
          > which I don't like.
          >
          > There must be docs on what's in that object somewhere, right?
          >
          > tx,
          > ~~bret
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > --
          > 29/09/2007 21:46

        • bretlevy
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 30, 2007
            I know how to get the data from the cells of row, but I needed to
            know how to tell which of two (or more) buttons got clicked in a
            specific row (I knew which row, but not which button)! I think the
            second example (getColumn) will tell me that!

            Thanks,

          • bretlevy
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 30, 2007
              Finding the "column" of the target and getting the key was the
              perfect solution! Thank you. I hated sticking "onclick" code into
              the contents of the table cell when everywhere else all event
              management is handled through the yui marshalling. I'm just picky
              that way...

              Thanks again. I guess if I studied long and hard enough through the
              docs I would have found the right path, but why read the docs when
              you can have someone point you in the right direction in 5
              minutes!!!! ;-)

              You guys are studs (and studesses).

              ~~bret

              PS: I actually did have just icons there first, but I like the
              buttons (with the icon on the button) so as to make it clear it is a
              clickable thingy versus just a piece of information (I have columns
              with little locks in them for example if the user is "locked out").

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 1, 2007
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 1, 2007
                  I was just kidding of course...

                  ~~bret