Dialog Screen Resolution

  • Erik Costlow
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2006
      I am creating a prototype involving the Yahoo dialog window in order
      to pop up a model form. My form is a decent size, and I have noticed
      that the dialog (including the Yahoo example) becomes inaccessible is
      the dialog height is greater than the browser height.
      How to replicate:
      1) Resize your browser window to something less than 800x600
      2) Load the yahoo example inside this window
      (http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/dialog.html)
      The top and bottom of the dialog are inaccessible, and the user is not
      able to scroll the container. Because the dialog is modal, the user is
      unable to do anything.

      Does anyone see a way to get around this issue, or do I need to send
      users to a separate data entry page (rather than a modal dialog)?