Update responseSchema and columnSet

  • Henning J√∂dden
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2007
      Hello everybody,

      is it possible to update the DataSource ResponseSchema and the DataTable
      columnSet?

      I would like to let the user choose a set of fields to display in a
      DataTable, but I fail to perform a column header/data switch without
      reloading the whole page.

      I found this in a datatable example to update the DataSource request:
      [...]
      this.getDataSource().sendRequest( newRequest,
      this.onDataReturnInitializeTable, this );
      [...]
      but there's no example which updates column headers and data.

      If there's no such feature: Is it possible to "plug in" that
      functionality by simple adding:

      DataSource.updateFieldList( fields ) // replaces responseSchema.fields

      and

      DataTable.updateColumnHeader( key, newData ) // updates columnDefs

      to call before refreshing?
      Or does the renderer ignore new Column Headers on refreshs?
      I'd dislike to modify or override any rendering method because I hate
      that fiddly html stuff.
      I guess that would mean a feature request then. ;-)

      thanks & best regards
      henning