RE: [ydn-javascript] Calendar: Getting the Last-selected Date

  • Steven Peterson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006

      Matt,

      This is a slightly complex issue because there are multiple ways that dates can be selected. If you only care about trapping which date was selected when clicking the Calendar, you can get at this through the selectCell function. However, if you definitely need to trap the most recently selected date, I would recommend that pass the date reference into onSelect as an arbitrary argument, and access it through the arguments variable in your onSelect implementation. I would caution that you will want to make sure that you pass the relevant arguments in each instance where onSelect is fired (select and selectCell, off the top of my head). The onSelect handler was left fairly ambiguous because of the varying implementations of calendar (single select, multi select, etc). Let me know if that gives you enough info to go on.

      Steven Peterson

      Web Developer, Platform Engineering

      Yahoo!