Re: YUI: opensource project or not ?

  • Willem Joosten
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "franck_342" <franck@...> wrote:
      > Be able to get the source code is a thing (for sure, the more
      > important thing). Organizing tools and developements to be able to
      > easily manage new features and bugfixes made by contributors (so
      > not from Yahoo! team) is another thing.

      I like the 'make a proposition for a fix' and 'maybe we'll include it'
      approach. I filed a bug report with a fix but the fix Steven (a Yahoo
      developer) posted here is more elegant and conforms to Yahoo coding
      standards. So entering my fix, although working, would make the code
      less valuable in terms of consistency.

      _But_ I have to agree that it would be nice if there was a central
      repository of bugfixes / feature patches. One confirmed bug is now in
      the private Yahoo bug repository and the fixes for another confirmed
      bug are in this forum while the report is on sourceforge.

      Willem
    • Peter Michaux
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
        On 6/1/06, franck_342 <franck@...> wrote:
        > In a second time, when a (real and new) bug is discovered in current
        > downloadable version, today, i can't download the last "snapshot" to
        > test if the behavior is the same or not, before browsing existing bugs
        > and perhaps open a new one.

        Is it possible to download the current, most up to date working
        version of the library from CVS?

        Thanks,
        Peter