Synchronous Dialog?

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 26 11:08 AM
      Does anyone have any ideas of a workaround to allow me to get a Dialog
      to show in a synchonous way (like a confirm dialog)? I am building an
      on the fly summary page which I want the user to confirm prior to
      submission and it appears that the dialog only works asynchonously
      making this nearly impossible.

      Thanks
      Steve
    • Jason Lee
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 26 11:27 AM
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.Panel.html#modal ?

        --
        Jason Lee, SCJP
        Software Architect -- Objectstream, Inc.
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 26 3:10 PM
          Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately that just makes the dialog be
          forced on top of the window until it is dismissed. The thread that
          displays the dialog will continue to process. I need something that
          stops the thread and waits for input like the javascript confirm()
          does.

          Any one else have some ideas?

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Lee" <jason@...> wrote:

          > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.Panel.html#modal ?
          >
          > On 9/26/07, Steve <kelsey69@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Does anyone have any ideas of a workaround to allow me to get a
          Dialog
          > > to show in a synchonous way (like a confirm dialog)? I am
          building an
          > > on the fly summary page which I want the user to confirm prior to
          > > submission and it appears that the dialog only works asynchonously
          > > making this nearly impossible.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Steve
          > >

          > --
          > Jason Lee, SCJP
          > Software Architect -- Objectstream, Inc.
          > JSF RI Dev Team
          > http://blogs.steeplesoft.com

        • Jeremy Coates
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 9, 2007
            Steve wrote:
            > Does anyone have any ideas of a workaround to allow me to get a Dialog
            > to show in a synchonous way (like a confirm dialog)? I am building an
            > on the fly summary page which I want the user to confirm prior to
            > submission and it appears that the dialog only works asynchonously
            > making this nearly impossible.

            perhaps something with the validate function e.g.:

            myDialog.validate = function() {

            var data = this.getData();

            if (data.name == '') {
            alert('Please enter your name');