Panel with out predefined html markup

  • Sandy McArthur
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
      Does someone have an example of a Panel that works without the div in the html before you
      try to create a new panel?

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/container/panel/#html says: "In most cases, you won't place
      a Panel's content on the page prior to creating the panel; setting content dynamically is the
      most common use case."

      and yet I have yet to see an example of this and I cannot get this behavior to work on some
      test pages.

      (To: Yahoo: Also, the "myPanel.setHead(" a little down from that quote should be
      "myPanel.setHeader(".)
    • Sandy McArthur
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy McArthur" <sandymac@...> wrote:

        > Does someone have an example of a Panel that works without the div in the html before
        you
        > try to create a new panel?
        >
        > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/container/panel/#html says: "In most cases, you won't
        place
        > a Panel's content on the page prior to creating the panel; setting content dynamically is the
        > most common use case."
        >
        > and yet I have yet to see an example of this and I cannot get this behavior to work on some
        > test pages.

        Figured out my own problem thanks to the SimpleDialog Example and then reading the
        render docs. The call to render() for the dialog requires a element if the html markup doesn't
        already exist. eg:
        ....render(document.body)