Re: Connection Manager responseSuccess() Function called over and over!

  • Thomas S. Sha
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "kansalneha28"
      <kansalneha28@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I have a javascript function that looks something like the code I have
      > pasted below. The problem is that when I call this function in an
      > event, for eg: "onClick", the responseSuccess() gets called over and
      > over again in an infinite loop. I am not able to figure out why, in
      > fact I am using similar code else where and it works perfectly. Do any
      > of you know what could be happening???
      >
      > Is it something in the function that might be causing it? Or could it
      > be the location in the Html DOM from where this function is called, as
      > far as I can see, the location of the function call in the DOM is the
      > only difference between the working and the non-working case.
      >
      > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

      Can you confirm you're using version 0.10.0 of the library? If so,
      can you please post the XML document as well, and I'll test from here.

      Regards,
      Thomas
    • kansalneha28
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1 8:32 AM
        Hi Thomas

        Where do I figure out the version number from? I dont see a file that
        gives the version no.

        Which xml document should I post, the ajax response xml document?

        Please clarify, thanks for the help.

        Neha.

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas S. Sha" <tsha@...> wrote:

        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "kansalneha28"
        > <kansalneha28@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi
        > >
        > > I have a javascript function that looks something like the code I have
        > > pasted below. The problem is that when I call this function in an
        > > event, for eg: "onClick", the responseSuccess() gets called over and
        > > over again in an infinite loop. I am not able to figure out why, in
        > > fact I am using similar code else where and it works perfectly. Do any
        > > of you know what could be happening???
        > >
        > > Is it something in the function that might be causing it? Or could it
        > > be the location in the Html DOM from where this function is called, as
        > > far as I can see, the location of the function call in the DOM is the
        > > only difference between the working and the non-working case.
        > >
        > > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
        > >
        > Can you confirm you're using version 0.10.0 of the library? If so,
        > can you please post the XML document as well, and I'll test from here.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Thomas

      • Thomas S. Sha
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1 9:11 AM
          <kansalneha28@...> wrote:

          > Hi Thomas
          >
          > Where do I figure out the version number from? I dont see a file that
          > gives the version no.
          >
          > Which xml document should I post, the ajax response xml document?
          >
          > Please clarify, thanks for the help.
          >
          > Neha.

          If you downloaded YUI from SourceForge, that is version 0.10.0. The
          previous version(0.9.0) was available on our developer site:
          developer.yahoo.com/yui. Version 0.9.0 had a bug that resulted in an
          infinite callback loop.

          Yes, please post the response XML, and I'll try to see if I can
          replicate the problem, if upgrading doesn't solve it.

          Regards,
          Thomas
        • kansalneha28
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1 9:56 AM
            Oh okay, I downloaded it from yahoo developer site, I will upgrade the
            version and see if that solves the issue. I will let you know, thanks.

            Neha.

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas S. Sha" <tsha@...> wrote:

            > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "kansalneha28"
            > <kansalneha28@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Thomas
            > >
            > > Where do I figure out the version number from? I dont see a file that
            > > gives the version no.
            > >
            > > Which xml document should I post, the ajax response xml document?
            > >
            > > Please clarify, thanks for the help.
            > >
            > > Neha.
            >
            > If you downloaded YUI from SourceForge, that is version 0.10.0. The
            > previous version(0.9.0) was available on our developer site:
            > developer.yahoo.com/yui. Version 0.9.0 had a bug that resulted in an
            > infinite callback loop.
            >
            > Yes, please post the response XML, and I'll try to see if I can
            > replicate the problem, if upgrading doesn't solve it.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Thomas

          • kansalneha28
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1 2:00 PM
              Hi Thomas

              Upgrading the yahoo library fixed the issue, thanks a lot.

              By the way, in the 0.10.0 version, each folder has a filname-min.js,
              just curious to know what is that for? Also in this version, there is
              not license.txt file at all, so is it okay not to include the license
              file in my project? Thanks.

              Neha.

            • johns@worldwinner.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 1 2:18 PM
                hi

                ( 06.06.01 21:00 -0000 ) kansalneha28:
                > By the way, in the 0.10.0 version, each folder has a filname-min.js,
                > just curious to know what is that for?

                look here in the unzipped file:
                yui/README

                [rtfm!!]

                --
                \js oblique strategy: do the words need changing?
              • kansalneha28
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 1 5:04 PM
                  Oh Thanks, I was searching it in the README within each package.

                  Neha.