RE: [ydn-javascript] How to disable ALL DAYS

  • Steven Peterson
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2006

      In order to disable all days, you will need to modify the default renderer. Change the renderCellDefault function to not append a link. It would look something like this:

      myCalendar.renderCellDefault = function(workingDate, cell) {

           cell.innerHTML = "";

           cell.appendChild(document.createTextNode(this.buildDayLabel(workingDate)));

      };

      Let me know if this solves your issue.

      Steven Peterson

      Web Developer, Platform Engineering

      Yahoo!

      Message 2 of 8 , May 31, 2006
        Hi Steven,

        Thanks a lot for your input.
        This kinda works but the problem is it doesn't have the same effect on the date cells,  as they would have when the minDate and maxDate methods are used.
        What i get here is that the links disappear,  so i cant select any of the dates but they look like selectable.

        i tried setting the cells class attribute using

        cell.setAttribute("class","celldisabled");

        Where 'celldisabled' is my custom CSS class attribute. But it didnt work... may be the class getting rendered internally is overriding my class.

        Is it possible to change the way to have those look like disabled.

        - Ashwin

        Message 3 of 8 , May 31, 2006
          Hey,

          Tried using YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass(cell, "celldisabled");
          The effect is the color of that class is all over my calendar and i am not able to view any of the dates :-)

          - Ashwin

          Message 4 of 8 , May 31, 2006

            Ashwin,

            Have you tried customizing the built-in CSS? There are several classes you can modify: calcell, calcellhover, etc. You should change those to get the look you’re trying to achieve for your calendar cells.