Re: Overlay, context and text size changes

  • Robert Leftwich
    Message 1 of 6 , May 30, 2006
      Not sure what is going on but I've posted this several times w/o it
      showing up, maybe a bouncing email address is the cause ...

      <peterson@...> wrote:

      > Because IE fires a resize event on every DOM element, you can detect the
      > resize by listening for the resize of the off-screen element that is
      > created. However, Firefox/Gecko doesn't use the same resize event
      > implementation. The only resize event that will ever get fired is
      for the
      > window.

      Just to clarify: IE/FF/Gecko will all fire events on monitor
      resolution change but only IE fires an event on text size change.

      My scenario is that depending on user preferences some content needs
      to be co-located with some other content, which Overlay is perfect for
      and it works very well unless the text is resized. It looks like a
      timeout approach will be the best solution.

      Robert