ContainerEffects and IE(7)

  • bcarroll2k3
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2007
      Ok, I'm a real newbie so please don't eat me. I'm trying to use the
      menu widget with ContainerEffect.FADE in IE7 and I don't get the
      animation. It does work in FF and Safari. I've searched everywhere
      and I've found nothing that says that this shouldn't work. I also
      don't get the fade animation when viewing the menu widget examples in
      IE7 from the yui developer site directly. Is this a known issue and
      I'm just not seeing the documentation on it, or am I just having a
      really bad day?

      Thanks for any and all help!
    • George Miller
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2007

        Dear b.carroll,

        Post your code so people can help you easier.

        Thanks,

        George

        www.pc24hr.co.uk

        01962 862226

        07796 687284

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.

      • bcarroll2k3
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2007
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "George Miller" <george@...>
          wrote:

          > Post your code so people can help you easier.

          Ah, yes, code. That would have been helpful. I was in a rush when
          this went out.

          The code I run is the same as what's in
          examples/menu/leftnavfrommarkupwithanim_source.html. However, I did
          notice something this morning. I tried to hit my page from an IE7
          browser on an XP box and it appears to be working fine. I also
          tested the online menu example from the same XP box and it works,
          too. So, I believe there's something up with my development
          workstation, which is W2K3 Server. I've also noticed that not all
          the css gets rendered correctly on my workstation, either. Whether
          or not it's the IE install or the OS or something completely
          different is unknown. It's nice when I can't trust my development
          environment to show me the correct rendering, even better when I lose
          an entire day because of it :\

          So it appears that there's no issue other than something flaky with
          my development machine. Let's close this one out.

          Thanks all!

          -B
        • George Miller
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7, 2007

            Dear B,

            Yup, 2k3 server is well secure and does not browse like a normal pc unless u open it right up and then, its not secure, so useless ;)

            www.pc24hr.co.uk

            01962 862226

            07796 687284

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.