Re: [ydn-javascript] Inline cell editing

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2007
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Satyam" <satyam@...>

      > <<< No Message Collected >>>

      That was strange, the message is fine in my output folder, here it is what I
      wrote:

      Perhaps it would be good if you display the dropdown description but in the
      value attribute of each option you put the value you want to save, that is
      what the provided dropdown does, so, in the query from the database what you
      retrieve are the values and you set the dropdownOptions with a value =>
      description array where values is what you get from the database and
      descriptions is what you mean to show the user. In that way, what the
      saveCellEditor function will get is the value, not the description.

      Otherwise, in _oCellEditor.column.formatter you would have the name of the
      editoror the reference to the editor function. Nevertheless, it is not
      saveCellEditor the one that is expected to save the value of the cell in
      this._oCellEditor.value. As you will see in all provided editors, it is up
      to each editor, on change, to save it there so, in this way, saveCellEditor
      does not need to know neither which type of editor is it, or how it was
      stored, each editor does it.

      And, I don't know why is it that you posted that segment of code.