datatable, datasource and complex POST form

  • vdl1982
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2007
      Hello all !

      I've got a search form more complex than a simple single input. I've
      got some multi select, some checkbox and so on...

      How can i use these values with a datasource via a POST action. I
      can't have page.php?values=... because values can be table (checkbox
      and multi select)

      Thanks !
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2007
        DataSource only reads information, it can't POST anything anywhere.

        If you mean DataSource to take it directly from the form, it can't either.

        You can assemble the data retrieved from the form in an intermediate form
        which DataSource can understand, such as a JavaScript array or HTML markup,
        and pass that to DataSource.

        Otherwise, you would have to post your data to the server, if that is where
        it would go in the end, and read it back from it. That would be safer,
        since the data would be in a very volatile condition until you do so.