Re: [ydn-javascript] dynamic treeview - node font

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2007
      John,

      Have you tried defining colors for ygtvlabel <a> elements?

      .ygtvlabel a:link {};
      .ygtvlabel a:visited {};
      .ygtvlabel a:hover {};
      .ygtvlabel a:active {};

      Regards,
      Eric

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! User Interface Library

      On Sep 3, 2007, at 2:12 PM, jandb_rare wrote:

      I have created a dynamically loaded treeview with custom icons that
      works as desired.
      However, the font of each node is blue and changes to purple after it
      is clicked. I.e. it behaves like a standard link.

      I would like the tree to be visually the same as the default treeview
      example - the text is always black.

      I have tried specifying a style for "ygtvlabel" but this doesn't seem
      to have had any effect.

      Any advice on how to modify this behaviour would be much appreciated.

      John.

    • jandb_rare
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2007
        Many thanks for the quick response Eric. I tried your suggestion but
        I still have the same behaviour.
        This may well be due to my lack of knowledge & experience on the CSS
        front.

        I tried defining colors as per your suggestion by inserting the new
        lines below the existing CSS commands I use for specifying node icons:

        .icon-system { padding-left: 20px; background: transparent url
        (img/AmuletIcons.png) 0 0px no-repeat; }
        .icon-container { padding-left: 20px; background: transparent url
        (img/AmuletIcons.png) 0 -36px no-repeat; }
        .icon-point { padding-left: 20px; background: transparent url
        (img/AmuletIcons.png) 0 -72px no-repeat; }
        .icon-pointOK { padding-left: 20px; background: transparent url
        (img/AmuletIcons.png) 0 -108px no-repeat; }

        .ygtvlabel a:link { color:#000000; }
        .ygtvlabel a:visited { color:#000000; }
        .ygtvlabel a:hover { color:#000000; background: #00FF00;}
        .ygtvlabel a:active { color:#000000; }

        Although I get the correct icons in my tree I still have the same
        color problem.
        I'm guessing that either I have the 'ygtvlabel' formatting commands
        in the wrong place or else I have made some syntactical error (or
        something even dumber?).

        Regards,
        John.

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Eric Miraglia <miraglia@...>
        wrote:

        > John,
        >
        > Have you tried defining colors for ygtvlabel <a> elements?
        >
        > .ygtvlabel a:link {};
        > .ygtvlabel a:visited {};
        > .ygtvlabel a:hover {};
        > .ygtvlabel a:active {};
        >
        > Regards,
        > Eric

        > Eric Miraglia
        > Yahoo! User Interface Library
        >

        > On Sep 3, 2007, at 2:12 PM, jandb_rare wrote:
        >
        > > I have created a dynamically loaded treeview with custom icons
        that
        > > works as desired.
        > > However, the font of each node is blue and changes to purple
        after it
        > > is clicked. I.e. it behaves like a standard link.
        > >
        > > I would like the tree to be visually the same as the default
        treeview
        > > example - the text is always black.
        > >
        > > I have tried specifying a style for "ygtvlabel" but this doesn't
        seem
        > > to have had any effect.
        > >
        > > Any advice on how to modify this behaviour would be much
        appreciated.

        > > John.

      • jennykhan
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2007
          Hi John,

          Try posting a link to your page or posting the full functional code --
          perhaps someone can spot the error for you.

          Jenny