Re: [ydn-javascript] Center DataTable Columns/Cells

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 3, 2007
      I just checked it and you are right, I didn't pay attention to that.
      Nevertheless, I added !important to the alignment and it worked:

      .yui-dt-table tbody .euro {
      text-align:right!important;
      background: url(euro.gif) no-repeat left center;
      }

      This leads me to believe that there is some other selector that has priority
      over this cell and forces its alignment over that in this class. The
      !important gives this one priority, but it is somewhat rude, there should be
      some way to give the text alignment higher priority. So, I tried several,
      but this one is the one that worked for both:

      .yui-skin-sam .yui-dt-table tbody .euro {
      text-align:right;
      background: url(euro.gif) no-repeat left center;
      }

      Still, I don't like this one because I still want my euros aligned right
      even when or if I am not using the sam skin.

      So, I still tried a little bit more and found:

      .yui-dt-table tbody td.euro {
      text-align:right;
      background: url(euro.gif) no-repeat left center;
      }

      There is no space in between td.euro. If you put a space in there, it won't
      work. Without a space it means 'a td of class euro', with a space it means
      'something of class euro within the td'. Both IE and FF agree on that.
      What they don't agree, as you have noticed, is in the priorities of
      selectors.

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 3, 2007
        Thanks!

        Satyam wrote:
        > I just checked it and you are right, I didn't pay attention to that.
        > Nevertheless, I added !important to the alignment and it worked:
        >
        > .yui-dt-table tbody .euro {
        > text-align:right!important;
        > background: url(euro.gif) no-repeat left center;
        > }
        >
        > This leads me to believe that there is some other selector that has priority
        > over this cell and forces its alignment over that in this class. The
        > !important gives this one priority, but it is somewhat rude, there should be
        > some way to give the text alignment higher priority. So, I tried several,
        > but this one is the one that worked for both:
        >
        > .yui-skin-sam .yui-dt-table tbody .euro {
        > text-align:right;
        > background: url(euro.gif) no-repeat left center;
        > }
        >
        > Still, I don't like this one because I still want my euros aligned right
        > even when or if I am not using the sam skin.
        >
        > So, I still tried a little bit more and found:
        >
        > .yui-dt-table tbody td.euro {
        > text-align:right;
        > background: url(euro.gif) no-repeat left center;
        > }
        >
        > There is no space in between td.euro. If you put a space in there, it won't
        > work. Without a space it means 'a td of class euro', with a space it means
        > 'something of class euro within the td'. Both IE and FF agree on that.
        > What they don't agree, as you have noticed, is in the priorities of
        > selectors.
        >
        > Satyam

      • egocogitovolo
        Message 3 of 9 , May 20 11:02 PM
          Sorry to resurrect an old thread but does this still work with 2.5.1
          I cant seem to get any of these three examples working...

          Thanks.

          Date:

          > >> Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >>

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > > --
          02/09/2007
          > > 16:32

        • y_lsmith
          Message 4 of 9 , May 21 3:42 PM
            var myColumnDef = [
            {key: 'foo', label: 'A long column title'},
            {key: 'bar'}
            ];

            var myDataTable = new YAHOO.widget.DataTable('tbl',myColumnDef,...);

            You can align the cell content in column foo in your css

            .yui-skin-sam #tbl .yui-dt-col-foo {
            text-align: center;
            }

            Hope this helps,