dynamic treeview - node font

  • jandb_rare
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2007
      I have created a dynamically loaded treeview with custom icons that
      works as desired.
      However, the font of each node is blue and changes to purple after it
      is clicked. I.e. it behaves like a standard link.

      I would like the tree to be visually the same as the default treeview
      example - the text is always black.

      I have tried specifying a style for "ygtvlabel" but this doesn't seem
      to have had any effect.

      Any advice on how to modify this behaviour would be much appreciated.

      John.
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2007
        John,

        Have you tried defining colors for ygtvlabel <a> elements?

        .ygtvlabel a:link {};
        .ygtvlabel a:visited {};
        .ygtvlabel a:hover {};
        .ygtvlabel a:active {};

        Regards,
        Eric

        Eric Miraglia
        Yahoo! User Interface Library

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2007
          Many thanks for the quick response Eric. I tried your suggestion but
          I still have the same behaviour.
          This may well be due to my lack of knowledge & experience on the CSS
          front.

          I tried defining colors as per your suggestion by inserting the new
          lines below the existing CSS commands I use for specifying node icons:

          .icon-system { padding-left: 20px; background: transparent url
          (img/AmuletIcons.png) 0 0px no-repeat; }
          .icon-container { padding-left: 20px; background: transparent url
          (img/AmuletIcons.png) 0 -36px no-repeat; }
          .icon-point { padding-left: 20px; background: transparent url
          (img/AmuletIcons.png) 0 -72px no-repeat; }
          .icon-pointOK { padding-left: 20px; background: transparent url
          (img/AmuletIcons.png) 0 -108px no-repeat; }

          .ygtvlabel a:link { color:#000000; }
          .ygtvlabel a:visited { color:#000000; }
          .ygtvlabel a:hover { color:#000000; background: #00FF00;}
          .ygtvlabel a:active { color:#000000; }

          Although I get the correct icons in my tree I still have the same
          color problem.
          I'm guessing that either I have the 'ygtvlabel' formatting commands
          in the wrong place or else I have made some syntactical error (or
          something even dumber?).

          Regards,
          John.

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Eric Miraglia <miraglia@...>
          wrote:

          > John,
          >
          > Have you tried defining colors for ygtvlabel <a> elements?
          >
          > .ygtvlabel a:link {};
          > .ygtvlabel a:visited {};
          > .ygtvlabel a:hover {};
          > .ygtvlabel a:active {};
          >
          > Regards,
          > Eric

          > Eric Miraglia
          > Yahoo! User Interface Library
          >

          > On Sep 3, 2007, at 2:12 PM, jandb_rare wrote:
          >
          > > I have created a dynamically loaded treeview with custom icons
          that
          > > works as desired.
          > > However, the font of each node is blue and changes to purple
          after it
          > > is clicked. I.e. it behaves like a standard link.
          > >
          > > I would like the tree to be visually the same as the default
          treeview
          > > example - the text is always black.
          > >
          > > I have tried specifying a style for "ygtvlabel" but this doesn't
          seem
          > > to have had any effect.
          > >
          > > Any advice on how to modify this behaviour would be much
          appreciated.

          > > John.

        • jennykhan
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7, 2007
            Hi John,

            Try posting a link to your page or posting the full functional code --
            perhaps someone can spot the error for you.

            Jenny