Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Error in IE using TabView

  • Gopal Venkatesan
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 1, 2007
      On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 10:58:35PM -0000, dave2002002 wrote:
      > same problem if i remove the form tags.... www.amateurartauction.co.uk

      Looking at:

      http://www.amateurartauction.co.uk/Gallery.aspx

      I can see:

      <form name="aspnetForm" method="post" action="Gallery.aspx" id="aspnetForm">

      immediately after the "body" element.

      And the URL for the tabs:

      http://www.amateurartauction.co.uk/profileframe.aspx?view=Sold

      returning me something like:

      <form name="ctl00" method="post" action="profileframe.aspx?view=Sold" id="ctl00">
      <!-- ... -->

      When the tab content gets inserted you get a "form" element within
      another "form" element. This is not allowed as per W3C HTML
      specification, which generates the "Unknown runtime error" in Internet
      Explorer.

      You need to remove one of these "form" elements so that you don't get a
      "form" within another.

      HTH.

      PS. am I looking at the correct URL?

      --
      Gopal Venkatesan

      http://gopalarathnam.com/weblog/
    • dave2002002
      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 2, 2007
        Hi, thanks for having a look, that is the right URL, but the form tags
        seem to be auto-generated... so im not sure how 2 solve that?

        Message 3 of 23 , Sep 2, 2007
          updated URL - http://www.amateurartauction.co.uk/yuitest.aspx

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dave2002002" <dave2002002@...>

          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 3, 2007