Re: Error in IE using TabView

  • dave2002002
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 31, 2007
      *bump*

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dave2002002"
      <dave2002002@...> wrote:

      > No-one have any ideas? its rather frustrating as if its not
      possible
      > ill have 2 re-think how i display things...
      >
      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dave2002002" <dave2002002@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I've sorted the server error, that was my bad, the code was
      copied and
      > > pasted from the members area... but the initial problem still
      remains.

      > > Dave
      > >
      > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dave2002002"
      <dave2002002@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > *bump*
      > > >

      > > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dave2002002"
      <dave2002002@>

      I'm still

      > > seem

      Mayea

      > > look I

      > > contents
      > > > reason, in
      > > from

      > > <dave2002002@>

      > > > <dave2002002@>

      > > here to

    • Gopal Venkatesan
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 31, 2007
        On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 02:44:06PM -0000, dave2002002 wrote:
        > *bump*
        >
        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dave2002002"
        > <dave2002002@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > No-one have any ideas? its rather frustrating as if its not
        > possible
        > > ill have 2 re-think how i display things...
        > >
        > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dave2002002" <dave2002002@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I've sorted the server error, that was my bad, the code was
        > copied and
        > > > pasted from the members area... but the initial problem still
        > remains.

        The problem in your script that you're inserting a "form" tag within
        another "form" tag. IE has been a known culprit in this regard simply
        throwing an "Unknown runtime error".

        You can try the simple example below on Firefox and IE:

        http://gopalarathnam.com/examples/javascript/iemadness.html

        The above example works fine in Firefox, whereas throws an "Unknown
        runtime error" in IE 6 and 7, yes it is not yet regressed ;)

        HTH.

        --
        Gopal Venkatesan

        http://gopalarathnam.com/weblog/
      • dave2002002
        Message 3 of 23 , Sep 1, 2007
          same problem if i remove the form tags.... www.amateurartauction.co.uk

          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 1, 2007
            On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 10:58:35PM -0000, dave2002002 wrote:
            > same problem if i remove the form tags.... www.amateurartauction.co.uk

            Looking at:

            http://www.amateurartauction.co.uk/Gallery.aspx

            I can see:

            <form name="aspnetForm" method="post" action="Gallery.aspx" id="aspnetForm">

            immediately after the "body" element.

            And the URL for the tabs:

            http://www.amateurartauction.co.uk/profileframe.aspx?view=Sold

            returning me something like:

            <form name="ctl00" method="post" action="profileframe.aspx?view=Sold" id="ctl00">
            <!-- ... -->

            When the tab content gets inserted you get a "form" element within
            another "form" element. This is not allowed as per W3C HTML
            specification, which generates the "Unknown runtime error" in Internet
            Explorer.

            You need to remove one of these "form" elements so that you don't get a
            "form" within another.

            HTH.

            PS. am I looking at the correct URL?

            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 2, 2007
              Hi, thanks for having a look, that is the right URL, but the form tags
              seem to be auto-generated... so im not sure how 2 solve that?

              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 2, 2007
                updated URL - http://www.amateurartauction.co.uk/yuitest.aspx

                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 3, 2007
                  Bump