Tabview-Flash :switching b/w tabs....

  • Nagasamudram, Prasanna Kumar
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2007

      Hi All

      I’m not sure if this would be the right place to post this question.

      Any way I’m posing since this involves Tab view.

      I have different tabs which have flash component embedded into each of them.

      The flash component keeps plotting  a graph using the values returned from an AJAX response for every 2 seconds.

      (Something similar to the graph on the performance tab of the windows task manager).

      When I “switch b/w tabs” I see that all the old data that the flash component plotted is erased and the plotting begins from the beginning.

      I see this behavior only in fire fox.

      Everything works fine on IE.

      Does anybody have any idea about this strange behavior?

      Thanks

      Prasanna

    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2007
        Prasanna,

        Can you send a URL where folks on the group can look at the problem you're having?

        Regards,
        Eric

        Eric Miraglia
        Yahoo! User Interface Library

        On Aug 31, 2007, at 7:16 AM, Nagasamudram, Prasanna Kumar wrote:

        Hi All

        I’m not sure if this would be the right place to post this question.

        Any way I’m posing since this involves Tab view.

        I have different tabs which have flash component embedded into each of them.

        The flash component keeps plotting  a graph using the values returned from anAJAX response for every 2 seconds.

        (Something similar to the graph on the performance tab of the windows task manager).

        When I “switch b/w tabs” I see that all the old data that the flash component plotted is erased and the plotting begins from the beginning.

        I see this behavior only in fire fox.

        Everything works fine on IE.

        Does anybody have any idea about this strange behavior?

        Thanks

        Prasanna

      • PV S
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 2007

          On 8/31/07, Nagasamudram, Prasanna Kumar <prasanna.nagasamudram@...> wrote:

          Hi All

          I'm not sure if this would be the right place to post this question.

          Any way I'm posing since this involves Tab view.

          I have different tabs which have flash component embedded into each of them.

          The flash component keeps plotting  a graph using the values returned from an AJAX response for every 2 seconds.

          (Something similar to the graph on the performance tab of the windows task manager).

          When I "switch b/w tabs" I see that all the old data that the flash component plotted is erased and the plotting begins from the beginning.

          I see this behavior only in fire fox.

          Everything works fine on IE.

          Does anybody have any idea about this strange behavior?

          Thanks

          Prasanna

          had faced a similar problem... this is mainly because the firefox unloads the flash component is hidden and loads it when it is made visible.. in tabs the content divs are switched between visibility and invisibility depending on the current tab.
          the workaround that we did was to place all the flash components outside the tab and reduce the size of the all other flash components to 1 X 1(you cannont make it invisible) and maximise the components corresponding to current tab. either you can absolute position the flash component or place it outside the tab as it is..
          i know it doesnt look good but its a workaround...

          --
          keep klickin'
          P.V.Sundarram.

          --
          http://pvsun.blogspot.com
        • Nagasamudram, Prasanna Kumar
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 5, 2007

            Thanks a lot PVS.

            The problem I had was to describe the problem.

            Its good to see a reply with a possible solution (unfortunate that you also had to face this problem).

            From you solution I understand that the flash component should be made small initially (1X1) and later has to be made bigger accordingly.

            What is that later point, I mean is there something like onActiveTab(‘tab1’) where I could do the resizing ?

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 6, 2007

              Hi PVS

              I had once more issue with the flash.

              I have a flash component which keeps plotting some data from an AJAX response.

              Also I have a HTML text box along with it.

              But I see that always the Focus from the HTML text box is taken out.

              I mean I click on the text box and see the cursor blinking and I will be able to type some text and within no time the focus goes out of the text box.

              This behavior is seen only in IE and it works fine on Fire fox.

              Had you faced a similar problem?

              Thanks

              Prasanna

              The problem I had was to describe the problem.

              Its good to see a reply with a possible solution (unfortunate that you also had to face this problem).

              From you solution I understand that the flash component should be made small initially (1X1) and later has to be made bigger accordingly.

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 7, 2007

                On 9/6/07, Nagasamudram, Prasanna Kumar <prasanna.nagasamudram@...> wrote:

                What is that later point, I mean is there something like onActiveTab('tab1') where I could do the resizing ?

                you can subscribe to the event activeTabChange.
                   myTabs.addListener('activeTabChange', handler);

                I have a flash component which keeps plotting some data from an AJAX response.

                Also I have a HTML text box along with it.

                But I see that always the Focus from the HTML text box is taken out.

                I mean I click on the text box and see the cursor blinking and I will be able to type some text and within no time the focus goes out of the text box.

                fortunately or unfortunately i had faced the same problem. had solved this problem, but i dont remember how. anyways i ll try to find out what was done and let you know.
                hope this helps.

                --
                keep klickin'
                P.V.Sundarram.

                --
                http://pvsun.blogspot.com
              • Nagasamudram, Prasanna Kumar
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 7, 2007

                  Hi

                  Well I got this working by placeing it out side the tab.

                  Now I want to set the position of this new DIV to some absolute value  so that it will come on top of the Original tab.

                  But I always see that the new DIV which I created goes under the tab, since the tab is active.

                  Is there a way to make it place on the tab ?

                  Thanks

                  Prasanna

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 17, 2007

                    Hi PVS

                    Can you please let me know if you were able to get what you had done for solving the focus problem ?

                    Thanks

                    Prasanna