Re: Calendar.select("10/1/2006 - 10/31/2006") fails to highlight oct 31st.

  • dkottowk
    Message 1 of 4 , May 29, 2006
      found out the cause of the problem myself.
      interestingly enough, it is due to the switch from winter time to
      summer time.

      digged into the source code and found the offending code in
      Calendar_Core.prototype._parseRange()

      there is a loop which in my case (being currently located in GMT-0300)
      would iterate over the following values for October 2006 given the
      range "10/12/2006 - 10/15/2006":

      12.10 0:00 GMT-4
      13.10 0:00 GMT-4
      13.10 23:00 GMT-4
      14.10 23:00 GMT-3
      15:10 23:00 GMT-3

      and the loop condition breaks. so the last date parsed is 14.10.

      a workaround that seems to work for me is:
      change the hours field on the end date to 23 before entering the while
      loop.

      dEnd.setHours(23);

      i believe this should work in general, but i have not given it a more
      serious thought...

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dkottowk" <dkottowk@...> wrote:

      > hi,
      > i discovered this odd behaviour while selecting date ranges:
      > when selecting dates in october the cell rendering sometimes wont
      > highlight the 31st although it is included in the range argument to
      > Calendar.select()
      >
      > e.g.
      >
      > myCalendar.select("10/10/2006 - 10/31/2006")
      > myCalendar.render()
      >
      > fails. but
      >
      > myCalendar.select("10/15/2006 - 10/31/2006")
      > myCalendar.render()
      >
      > does hightlight the 31st.
      >
      > this does not seem happen on any other month.
      > tested under firefox 1.5 & ie6
      > any clues for this ?
      > greetings daniel

    • Steven Peterson
      Message 2 of 4 , May 30, 2006

        Daniel,

        I am unable to duplicate this. Is it possible that this is occurring because of your extra spaces in the date strings? The correct format for your range would be “10/10/2006-10/31/2006” with no extra whitespace. Try this and please let me know if it solves your issue.

        Thanks!

        Steven Peterson

        Web Developer, Platform Engineering

        Yahoo!

        i discovered this odd behaviour while selecting date ranges:
        when selecting dates in october the cell rendering sometimes wont
        highlight the 31st although it is included in the range argument to
        Calendar.select()

        e.g.

        myCalendar.select("10/10/2006 - 10/31/2006")
        myCalendar.render()

        fails. but

        myCalendar.select("10/15/2006 - 10/31/2006")
        myCalendar.render()

        does hightlight the 31st.

        this does not seem happen on any other month.
        tested under firefox 1.5 & ie6
        any clues for this ?
        greetings daniel

        C programming language

        Computer programming languages

        Java programming language

        The c programming language

        C programming language

        Concept of programming language

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • Steven Peterson
        Message 3 of 4 , May 30, 2006

          I tried changing my timezone to GMT-0300, and I still am unable to reproduce this issue. The private _parseRange function actually works using Integer arrays, rather than Date objects, and converts them to Date objects using the month, day, and year fields. When I execute the same loop, it doesn’t break – the function returns all 4 days in the range, and they are rendered properly. Can you provide more detail on your setup so that I can try to track down what’s happening?