YUI 2.3.0 Menubar and Base.css

  • awa1
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30, 2007
      I´m setting up my site with the YUI and had big trouble with the menubar.
      Since it´s such a great package I wantto use as much components as
      possible.
      So I want the Sam-CSS and base.css for a good styling of my pages.
      Works all well besides 2 issues with the menu.
      Fist one was the container.css vs. the menu conflict, which I solved
      accordingly to
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ydn-javascript/message/16083

      Fir the 2nd one I need your help: Incorporating base.css bringt back
      the bullets into the menu. Every menu- and submenu-item has now the
      classic black bullet to the left (as it is with ul-lists, that are
      within standard text).

      It is a base.css issue, since when I remove bas.css the bullets
      dissappear (but also the nice formatting :-(, which I´d like to keep)

      So, how do I get rid of the butllets in my menu? If neccessary I´m
      happy to send a screenshot.

      Thanks
      awa
    • Nico Giraldi
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 30, 2007

        > So, how do I get rid of the butllets in my menu? If neccessary I´m
        > happy to send a screenshot.
        >

        > ___

        Add these css rules to menu.css
        .umbraco .yuimenubar ul{
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
        }
        .umbraco .yuimenubar ul li{
        list-style: none;
        }
        .yui-skin-sam .yuimenu ul li{
        list-style: none;
        }
        let's me know if it solves your problem
      • awa1
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 30, 2007
          Hi Nico,
          thanks for the quick help. It solves 50% of the problem.
          All submenus are now bullet free. But the main menu points still have
          them.
          Maybe this info helps: When I hover over a main menu point so that it
          turns blue and the submenu appears the bullet goes away.

          Cheers
          awa

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 30, 2007
            awa1 ha scritto:

            > Hi Nico,
            > thanks for the quick help. It solves 50% of the problem.
            > All submenus are now bullet free. But the main menu points still have
            > them.
            > Maybe this info helps: When I hover over a main menu point so that it
            > turns blue and the submenu appears the bullet goes away.

            Ops..Replace
            .umbraco .yuimenubar ul li{
            list-style: none;
            }

            with

            .yui-skin-sam .yuimenubar ul li{
            list-style: none;
            }
          • Caridy Patiño Mayea
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 30, 2007
              Hi awa:

              Unfortunately, the YUI base.css touch all the visual controls of the
              YUI library (menu, tabview, etc), I hope the YUI's guys find out a
              solution for this problem.

              A simple solution can be:

              Edit the base.css file, adding a closure classname for each rule, ex:

              .reset h1 {
              /*18px via YUI Fonts CSS foundation*/
              font-size:138.5%;
              }

              and then, you can apply the "reset" class to the "normal" areas in
              your pages and not touch certain parts (as the menus' container).

              Best Regards,
              Caridy (caridy at gmail.com)
              http://www.bubbling-library.com/

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 31, 2007
                Hi Nico,
                mille grazie, that was it. Now everthing looks like it should!

                Thanks
                awa
                --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Nico Giraldi <monnezza@...> wrote:

                > awa1 ha scritto:
                > >
                > > Hi Nico,
                > > thanks for the quick help. It solves 50% of the problem.
                > > All submenus are now bullet free. But the main menu points still have
                > > them.
                > > Maybe this info helps: When I hover over a main menu point so that it
                > > turns blue and the submenu appears the bullet goes away.
                > >

                > Ops..Replace
                > .umbraco .yuimenubar ul li{
                > list-style: none;
                > }
                >
                > with
                >
                > .yui-skin-sam .yuimenubar ul li{
                > list-style: none;
                > }

              • awa1
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 31, 2007
                  Hi Caridy,
                  thanks for your help. While I hope, that the Y! guys will fix that
                  bug, I can report, that the patch, that was suggested by Nico here in
                  this thread works for me.
                  Cheers
                  awa
                  --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Caridy Patiño Mayea