Positioning problem while using the Autocomplete widget.

  • Prashanth
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2007
      Positioning problem while using the Autocomplete widget.

      Hi all,
      I am a new user of yahoo widgets. Today I  used the Autocomplete widget in a user control in my asp.net application.
      But I got a problem with positioning. When I used the widget, the existing layout got disturbed.  I mean, I used the widget on a textbox(say, departingCity textbox). This text box is now overlapping the adjacent textbox on the screen.

      The departingCity textbox, (for which I applied the autocomplte widget,) appaers on top of every other control on page.

      The following are the styles I hav used.

      #statesautocomplete

          position:relative;

           width:10em; /* set width of widget here*/
           height:12em; /* define height for container to appear inline */
       }

      #statesautocomplete2
      {
      position:relative;

           width:10em; /* set width of widget here*/
           height:12em; /* define height for container to appear inline */
      }
      #statescontainer .yui-ac-content
           max-height:11em;

      overflow:auto;
           overflow-x:hidden; /* scrolling */
           _height:11em; /* ie6 */
           width : 40em;
           position:relative;
       }
      #statescontainer2 .yui-ac-content
           max-height:11em;
           overflow:auto;overflow-x:hidden; /* scrolling */
           _height:11em; /* ie6 */
           width : 40em;
           position:relative;
       }
       .TextBoxStyle
       {
       postion:relative;

       }

      I have attached the screenshot of my screen.

      <<...>>

      FYI, I am using 2 instances of autocomplete widget on the page. (for 2 textboxes).

      Any help will be appreciated

      Thanks and Regards
      Prashanth
      Life isnt about waiting for the storm to pass.
      It is about learning how to dance in the rain