[need help] custom three-column layout using Grids CSS

  • Rizky
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26 9:17 PM
      hello list,

      this is my first post. right now I need some help on using Grids CSS. I was wondering if anyone can help me out a with my little problem.

      attached with this email is a picture of my desired layout. can anyone give me a hint ( or a tutorial perhaps :P ) on how to achieve such layout using Grids CSS?

      well that's all for now, thanks

      +Rizky+

      Komet Digital Network - Web Media Design and Publishing
    • Matt Warden

        Rizky wrote:
        > hello list,
        >
        > this is my first post. right now I need some help on using Grids CSS. I was wondering if anyone can help me out a with my little problem.
        >
        > attached with this email is a picture of my desired layout. can anyone give me a hint ( or a tutorial perhaps :P ) on how to achieve such layout using Grids CSS?
        >
        > well that's all for now, thanks

        Rizky,

        It doesn't look like you received a response (if I missed it, I
        apologize for the dupe answer).

        It took a while to figure out how to do this, actually.

        http://mattwarden.com/grids/rizky.php

        This works in firefox, but I have a small feeling that it only works due
        to an error in the stylesheet:

        .yui-t7 #main .yui-b {min-width:750px;}

        which I believe is supposed to be:

        .yui-t7 #yui-main .yui-b {min-width:750px;}

        If this is indeed an error and it is fixed, the layout will no longer work.

        Removing all classnames from the contents of the inner grid column seems
        to work even when the error is corrected. I would advise using this instead:

        http://mattwarden.com/grids/rizky2.php

        hth,

        - --
        Matt Warden
        Oxford, OH, USA
        http://mattwarden.com

      • Rizky
        Message 3 of 3 , May 29 8:59 PM
          Thanks Matt, and yes, you're the first to respond my question.

          I really hate to say this, but your solution doesn't really suits my need, sorry :). big thanks to all the trouble i've cost you

          the problem is, right now I need a source code order independent layout. and I need my left column to be on the bottom of the code. so that's why I think a yui-t2 template is more suitable than yui-t7.

          actually it's quite easy if I was using my own stylesheet. but I think my co-workers could use and build things from this layout faster if they only have to learn it from just one source. which is the Grids CSS

          below is the link to what i've come up so far. as you can see, it's dead simple if i use some custom styles...view the source if you have to.

          http://kometdigital.web.id/section-static-main.html

          btw, sorry for my bad english. I hope you all understands what i'm trying to say. and Matt, forgive me okay :D don't quit yet :)

          Komet Digital - Web Media Design and Publishing