RE: [ydn-javascript] Re: Using values returned by the Connection Manager

  • Philip Tellis
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 18 4:06 AM
      Sometime on Feb 17, KR cobbled together some glyphs to say:

      > Now on to my next step -- getting the events on the date clicked and
      > displaying them. I already have a PHP script that does this on the
      > current site, so I just have to use it correctly...

      What I do in such cases is have a special query parameter passed to my
      PHP telling it what format I want data returned in. Something like
      js=1.

      If the PHP sees this, it just returns the requested data as a JSON
      object or a javascript array with the appropriate content-type header.
      If it does not see js=1, it renders the entire page with a text/html
      header.

      Philip

      --
      Princess Leia:
      Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?