Problem with Autocomplete

  • rpsc3
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2007
      I am having a compatibility problem with IE. The following URL works fine in Safari and
      Firefox, but is broken in IE.

      The Autocomplete field is set on the Company field, and in IE - the field is considerably wider
      than it should be, and stuck way out on the right hand side. Plus the values are bulleted
      (whereas they don't show bulleted in the other two browsers).

      Please note, that the CSS that completes this design, along with all the images have been
      removed deliberately - so I realise that the design itself is broken. Please ignore these errors.

      http://www.dakaix.com/yahoo/

      Thanks,

      Dakaix.
    • khromu
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 21, 2007

        i want to have an autocomplete control with some text (Press here to
        search), when a user clicks the text disappears so the user can
        search. When item selected the autocomplete looses focus and the
        "Press... " text should appear.

        I've done it with this:

        this.oAutoComp.textboxFocusEvent.subscribe(function(){
        YAHOO.util.Dom.get('statesinput').value = "";
        });
        this.oAutoComp.textboxBlurEvent.subscribe(function(){
        YAHOO.util.Dom.get('statesinput').value = "Search Contacts Here";
        });

        This works fine the first time, then when I click the control the
        FocusEvent is not triggered.

        Am I doing something not allowed ?

        Thanks,

        _LR_
      • Hugo L√≥pez
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2007
          First: sorry for my english :(

          I am using the control autocomplete in Firefox 2.0.0.6.
          When I do some change in an text item and immediately (before the
          expiration of the queryDelay) press TAB (to go to the next item) the
          Autocomplete control fires the data request of the item I'm leaving.

          You can see a "test case" of this in the "Sample Search (1 sec query
          delay)" in
          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/ac_ysearch_flat.html

          If you type "alab" + Tab, the Firebug shows the connection to:
          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/assets/php/ysearch_flat.php?query=alab

          (The same thing happens if you click in the next item after writing).

          Is there anyway to avoid this? (Make the request only when the
          queryDelay expires without leaving the item).

          Thanks in advance.