submenualignment property

  • o_j_p_p
    Message 1 of 4 , May 24, 2006
      Hello folks,

      I was trying to use this property, but nothing happened with the
      alignment. I want to align the submenu to the right.

      Any help?
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 4 , May 24, 2006
        Hi -

        This is a known bug that will be fixed in the next
        release.

        For now, you can fix this by adding a listener to your
        submenu's "show" event that aligns the menu the way
        you want. Here is some sample code:

        function onSubmenuBeforeShow(type, args) {

        this.align("tl", "tr");

        }

        oSubmenu.beforeShowEvent.subscribe(onSubmenuBeforeShow);

        Hope that helps.

        - Todd

        --- o_j_p_p <opozo.yui@...> wrote:

        > Hello folks,
        >
        > I was trying to use this property, but nothing
        > happened with the
        > alignment. I want to align the submenu to the right.
        >
        > Any help?

        > --------------------~-->
        > You can search right from your browser? It's easy
        > and it's free. See how.

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/edFolB/TM

        Todd Kloots {
        company: Yahoo!;
        title: Web Developer;
        property: Mail & PIM;
        ym: toddkloots;
        calendar: http://calendar.yahoo.com/toddkloots;
        phone: 408.349.5075;
        cell: 415.269.2734;
        }
      • tom
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5, 2006
          align is not a property of "this". I'm trying to add a "third tier" of
          menus that attach to ['br','tl'] to no avail.

          > Hi -
          >
          > This is a known bug that will be fixed in the next
          > release.
          >
          > For now, you can fix this by adding a listener to your
          > submenu's "show" event that aligns the menu the way
          > you want. Here is some sample code:
          >
          > function onSubmenuBeforeShow(type, args) {
          >
          > this.align("tl", "tr");
          >
          > }
          >
          > oSubmenu.beforeShowEvent.subscribe(onSubmenuBeforeShow);
          >
          > Hope that helps.
          >

          > - Todd
          >
          > --- o_j_p_p <opozo.yui@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hello folks,
          > >
          > > I was trying to use this property, but nothing
          > > happened with the
          > > alignment. I want to align the submenu to the right.
          > >
          > > Any help?

          > > --------------------~-->
          > > You can search right from your browser? It's easy
          > > and it's free. See how.
          > >
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/edFolB/TM

          > Todd Kloots {
          > company: Yahoo!;
          > title: Web Developer;
          > property: Mail & PIM;
          > ym: toddkloots;
          > calendar: http://calendar.yahoo.com/toddkloots;
          > phone: 408.349.5075;
          > cell: 415.269.2734;
          > }

        • Todd Kloots
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 5, 2006
            Pass your Menu instance as a second arg to "subscribe"
            and then "true" as the third arg to change the scope
            of "this" to the Menu instance:

            function onSubmenuBeforeShow(type, args, menu) {

            this.align("tl", "tr");

            }

            oSubmenu.beforeShowEvent.subscribe(onSubmenuBeforeShow,
            oSubmenu, true);

            - Todd

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/edFolB/TM