update database from inline editing

  • Djalma Fadel Junior
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      I'd like to know how to update my database from an inline editing.
      I'm upgrading from yui-2.2 to 2.3 and I've done the following:

      myDataTable.subscribe("cellClickEvent",
      myDataTable.onEventShowCellEditor); var inlineEditHandler =
      function(oArgs) {
      // here goes the code for db update
      // I have the newData, but it's still missing the id (PK)
      }
      myDataTable.subscribe("editorSaveEvent", inlineEditHandler);

      The problem is that I don't have oArgs.Record as result of
      editorSaveEvent. I only have newData, oldData and editor.

      How can I get the full oRecord for the editing field (where I have the
      primary key for the database)?

      tks

      --
      Djalma Fadel Junior
      Diretor Técnico
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
        The editor object has many properties, one of which is 'record' so
        oArgs.editor.record will give you what you need. The 'editor' argument has
        many other useful properties, such as 'column' or the cell where the edited
        data should go or the container for the inline editor..