Re: DataTable

  • jennykhan
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hi Mike,

      That message seems to indicate a missing Connection Manager
      dependency. Are you referencing the right file, and are you
      referencing it before the DataSource file?

      Jenny

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "mikebroadbear10"
      <mikebroadbear10@...> wrote:

      > I am using the logger now, and I found an error in the DataSource
      > object:
      >
      > Could not find a valid Connection Manager.
      >
      > I am going to keep working on this, but if anyone knows anyplace I
      > might look, it would be much appreciated.
      >
      > My code looks like this:
      >
      > var destDataSource = new YAHOO.util.DataSource("/[context root]/
      > [servlet]");
      > destDataSource.responseType = YAHOO.util.DataSource.TYPE_XML;
      > destDataSource.responseSchema = {
      > resultNode: "destination",
      > fields: ["name", "address", "lattitude", "longitude"]
      > };
      >
      > The above url works fine with the raw Connection object.
      >
      > ...Mike
      >
      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "mikebroadbear10"
      > <mikebroadbear10@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am using eclipse wtp which has a 'request monitor' view. When
      > > working with Connection, I am able to see the urls, headers, bodies,
      > > etc... but not while I am working with DataSource/DataTable. Also, I
      > > am calling a servlet with some System.out's that are never executed.
      > > This leads me to believe a request is not even being made.
      > >
      > > ...Mike
      > >
      > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Satyam" <satyam@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > If you see the Data error message it is because there has been a
      > > connection
      > > > and the data returned has some error. That error won't show until
      > > reply
      > > > comes back or the client has failed to connect. If you have
      > FireFox
      > > > installed with Firebug, you can check in the Net tab and see each
      > > request
      > > > and the reply it got. If it failed to connect, you will see the
      > > line with
      > > > the corresponding URL in red, otherwise you can check the source
      > of the
      > > > reply and detect some error in the data, perhaps some formatting
      > or
      > > extra
      > > > characters or something you didn't quite expect. All these
      > happened
      > > to me
      > > > :-( , but there might be more reasons I can't imagine, but that is
      > > what I
      > > > would try.
      > > >
      > > > Satyam

    • erolunala
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2007
        Looking at the the Custom Cell Formatting example I wondered if it
        would be possible to use the checkboxes eg. for a function that sends
        an email to all selected people or export the selected rows in some
        form (csv). How could things like that be achieved? Thanks for you
        Feedback ;-)
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2007
          on the use of checkboxes, see:

          http://yuiblog.com/blog/2007/09/26/satyam-datatable-2

          there is a section on checkboxes and radio buttons