Re: DataTable

  • mikebroadbear10
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
      I am using the logger now, and I found an error in the DataSource
      object:

      Could not find a valid Connection Manager.

      I am going to keep working on this, but if anyone knows anyplace I
      might look, it would be much appreciated.

      My code looks like this:

      var destDataSource = new YAHOO.util.DataSource("/[context root]/
      [servlet]");
      destDataSource.responseType = YAHOO.util.DataSource.TYPE_XML;
      destDataSource.responseSchema = {
      resultNode: "destination",
      fields: ["name", "address", "lattitude", "longitude"]
      };

      The above url works fine with the raw Connection object.

      ...Mike

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "mikebroadbear10"
      <mikebroadbear10@...> wrote:

      > I am using eclipse wtp which has a 'request monitor' view. When
      > working with Connection, I am able to see the urls, headers, bodies,
      > etc... but not while I am working with DataSource/DataTable. Also, I
      > am calling a servlet with some System.out's that are never executed.
      > This leads me to believe a request is not even being made.
      >
      > ...Mike
      >
      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Satyam" <satyam@> wrote:
      > >
      > > If you see the Data error message it is because there has been a
      > connection
      > > and the data returned has some error. That error won't show until
      > reply
      > > comes back or the client has failed to connect. If you have
      FireFox
      > > installed with Firebug, you can check in the Net tab and see each
      > request
      > > and the reply it got. If it failed to connect, you will see the
      > line with
      > > the corresponding URL in red, otherwise you can check the source
      of the
      > > reply and detect some error in the data, perhaps some formatting
      or
      > extra
      > > characters or something you didn't quite expect. All these
      happened
      > to me
      > > :-( , but there might be more reasons I can't imagine, but that is
      > what I
      > > would try.
      > >
      > > Satyam

    • jennykhan
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
        Hi Mike,

        That message seems to indicate a missing Connection Manager
        dependency. Are you referencing the right file, and are you
        referencing it before the DataSource file?

        Jenny

        <mikebroadbear10@...> wrote:

        > I am using the logger now, and I found an error in the DataSource
        > object:
        >
        > Could not find a valid Connection Manager.
        >
        > I am going to keep working on this, but if anyone knows anyplace I
        > might look, it would be much appreciated.
        >
        > My code looks like this:
        >
        > var destDataSource = new YAHOO.util.DataSource("/[context root]/
        > [servlet]");
        > destDataSource.responseType = YAHOO.util.DataSource.TYPE_XML;
        > destDataSource.responseSchema = {
        > resultNode: "destination",
        > fields: ["name", "address", "lattitude", "longitude"]
        > };
        >
        > The above url works fine with the raw Connection object.
        >
        > ...Mike
        >
        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "mikebroadbear10"
        > <mikebroadbear10@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am using eclipse wtp which has a 'request monitor' view. When
        > > working with Connection, I am able to see the urls, headers, bodies,
        > > etc... but not while I am working with DataSource/DataTable. Also, I
        > > am calling a servlet with some System.out's that are never executed.
        > > This leads me to believe a request is not even being made.
        > >
        > > ...Mike
        > >
        > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Satyam" <satyam@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > If you see the Data error message it is because there has been a
        > > connection
        > > > and the data returned has some error. That error won't show until
        > > reply
        > > > comes back or the client has failed to connect. If you have
        > FireFox
        > > > installed with Firebug, you can check in the Net tab and see each
        > > request
        > > > and the reply it got. If it failed to connect, you will see the
        > > line with
        > > > the corresponding URL in red, otherwise you can check the source
        > of the
        > > > reply and detect some error in the data, perhaps some formatting
        > or
        > > extra
        > > > characters or something you didn't quite expect. All these
        > happened
        > > to me
        > > > :-( , but there might be more reasons I can't imagine, but that is
        > > what I
        > > > would try.
        > > >
        > > > Satyam

      • erolunala
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2007
          Looking at the the Custom Cell Formatting example I wondered if it
          would be possible to use the checkboxes eg. for a function that sends
          an email to all selected people or export the selected rows in some
          form (csv). How could things like that be achieved? Thanks for you
          Feedback ;-)
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2007
            on the use of checkboxes, see:

            http://yuiblog.com/blog/2007/09/26/satyam-datatable-2

            there is a section on checkboxes and radio buttons