Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: [Drag & Drop] How to prevent the text node being select when dragging

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2007
      Vanessa,

      Regards,
      Eric

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! User Interface Library

      On Jul 25, 2007, at 10:55 AM, Vanessa Pai wrote:

      Hi, Eric:

      In my LI, I have SPAN element with some text description, and some
      action buttons grouped at right. No INPUT fields are there. Oddly
      enough, after seeing how Yahoo logger console doing fine when
      dragging, I followed the same style by replacing my SPAN into H5
      element, the annoying text selection problem no longer existed!!
      Putting the text directly under LI works too. So the text selection
      situation only happens when I use SPAN to enclose texts.

      Anyway, although my problem can be solved by using other tag to
      enclose text description, it would be nice if I get to know why.

      Thanks,
      Vanessa