Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: YUI website examples (????)

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 31 11:42 PM
      lindsay_haisley,

      Actually, I don't think there was a change in the source during this time.  What is possible, though, is that your cache timed out from some older files to newer files as we made the 2.2.2-->2.3.0 transition this afternoon.  Probably the 2.3.0 example wasn't working with some older files in your cache.

      Not sure, but that might be the explanation.  In any event, glad to have Galeon back to being right side up with Menu.

      Regards,
      Eric

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! User Interface Library

      On Jul 31, 2007, at 11:35 PM, lindsay_haisley wrote:

      Well this menu example is certainly a work in progress! Before I
      could finish writing a proper bug report I reloaded the menu and it
      looks as if someone found and fixed the problem. So I stopped and
      started Galeon, and can no longer reproduce it at all :-)

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "lindsay_haisley" <fmouse@...>
      wrote:

      > I'll be happy to file a bug report.
      >
      > As far as Galeon is concerned, I've been using it for several years
      > because of its extreme configurability, and usually have few if any
      > problems with JS interpretation and rendition - far fewer than with
      > Safari, which I don't use, but a number of my customers do.
      >
      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Eric Miraglia <miraglia@> wrote:
      > >
      > > lindsay_haisley,
      > >
      > > Thanks for the followup and for posting the screenshot from Galeon.
      > >
      > > Galeon for Linux isn't an A-Grade browser, so we don't guarantee
      > > compatibility with Galeon for YUI. That said, your expectation that
      > > up-to-date Gecko-based browsers should generally work fine with YUI
      > > is one that we share. If you would file your image and the JS error
      > > log you wrote about in a bug report, that information might prove
      > > useful as we continue our work on the Menu Control.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Eric

      > > Eric Miraglia
      > > Yahoo! User Interface Library
      > >

      > > On Jul 31, 2007, at 11:00 PM, lindsay_haisley wrote:
      > >
      > > > After looking at the menu at http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/
      > > > examples/menu/topnavfrommarkup.html in several browsers it seems
      > > > that the only browser I use which doesn't render it properly is
      > > > Galeon for Linux, which is Mozilla-Gekko based and normally quite
      > > > standards-compliant. Galeon rendered the 2.2.2 equivalent menu
      > > > just fine, and because this one closely resembles the proprietary
      > > > JS menus my customer is currently using, that's the one we'll
      > > > probably use.
      > > >
      > > > Galeon also my standard study browser, and so I came on the
      > > > problem while using it. You can see what the menus look like in
      > > > Galeon athttp://www.fmp.com/~fmouse/badmenu.png. I can also post
      > > > the many JS errors I get from the page, if it would be helpful.
      > > >
      > > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Eric Miraglia <miraglia@>

      > > > morning.

      > > > maintainers are
      > > > examples)
      > > > times
      > > > customer
      Top
      > > > Nav
      > > > version

      > > > all

      > > > single

    • Lindsay Haisley
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 31 11:49 PM
        > Actually, I don't think there was a change in the source during this
        > time. What is possible, though, is that your cache timed out from
        > some older files to newer files as we made the 2.2.2-->2.3.0
        > transition this afternoon. Probably the 2.3.0 example wasn't working
        > with some older files in your cache.

        That's entirely possible. I didn't think to clear cache. Other menus
        from the examples index worked just fine. It was just the top MenuBar
        examples that gave a problem earlier this evening.

        > Not sure, but that might be the explanation. In any event, glad to
        > have Galeon back to being right side up with Menu.

        You and me both, buddy!

        > On Jul 31, 2007, at 11:35 PM, lindsay_haisley wrote:
        >
        > > Well this menu example is certainly a work in progress! Before I
        > > could finish writing a proper bug report I reloaded the menu and it
        > > looks as if someone found and fixed the problem. So I stopped and
        > > started Galeon, and can no longer reproduce it at all :-)
        > >
        > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "lindsay_haisley" <fmouse@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I'll be happy to file a bug report.
        > > >
        > > > As far as Galeon is concerned, I've been using it for several years
        > > > because of its extreme configurability, and usually have few if any
        > > > problems with JS interpretation and rendition - far fewer than with
        > > > Safari, which I don't use, but a number of my customers do.
        > > >
        > > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Eric Miraglia <miraglia@>

        > > Galeon.

        > > that
        > > YUI
        > > error

        > > quite
        > > proprietary

        > > hopefully the

        > > top can

        > > topnavfrommarkup.html
        > > right

        > > example
        > > to...

        > > topnavfrommarkup.html

        > > 2.2.2, you
        > > download

        > > changed 3
        > > Top
        > > simple
        > > these and

        > > at
        > > options
        > > submenu

        > > in a

      • kp_yui
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2007
          Actually, Lindsay & Eric, I posted asking what's up w.YUI examples
          (menu specifically) as well, so I doubt it was cache, etc.

          They eventually, came back up, but I thought it was maintenance due to
          a bug. (I added a second post topic re: force minwidth CSS style in
          IE6 causing a bug in the animation of drop down menus).

          -kp