Re: [ydn-javascript] 2.3 release candidate 1 looks great!

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2007
      Satyam,

      Thanks for the kind words.

      Jenny Donnelly has been hard at work on DataTable, thanks in large part to your feedback and that of others here on YDN-JavaScript.  And Dav Glass has done something special with the Rich Text Editor; it's an initial beta release at this point, but we're really excited about that project as well.

      Lots of work left to do, in all phases, but it's good to hear that you had good results with the RC.

      Regards,
      Eric

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! User Interface Library

      On Jul 31, 2007, at 1:02 AM, Satyam wrote:

      I just finished moving the application I had running on YUI 2.2.1 to 2.3 and
      it works great. The main class I use is Datatable and I find it greatly
      improved (actually I use menu, panel, tabview and several others, which have
      not changed so much in this release and I didn't need to touch anything).

      My code has benefited from many of those improvements. Functions behave
      more consistently and accept more options, there are more events to hook
      into, methods are split into several functions so that if you have to
      redefine a behavior in one little piece you can just redefine a little piece
      of it. Inline editing has improved with several more options, including the
      calendar for date editing. And I didn't even use pagination yet (none of my
      datasets are so large yet), which looks far better than it used to.

      Of course it has bugs pending (after all, it is a release candidate of a
      beta) I found some myself and reported them to SourceForge, as I told Caridy
      recently, that's the way we users can help (them and ourselves in the end).

      Next step: the YUI editor, lets see how it works. I was about to decide in
      between tinyMCE and fckEditor so the YUI editor turned out an unexpected and
      quite timely addition.

      I'm pretty excited about all these. Great job, guys, thanks