Re: YUI 2.3.0 -- big thanks to YDN-JavaScript members

  • Caridy Patiño Mayea
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2007
      I'm testing the new release... and I found something really distorting...

      The incompatibility between the container.css and the Menu component.

      Put this line in one of the menu examples:
      <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
      href="../../build/container/assets/container.css">

      all the menus will be invisibles, including the menubar.

      and the problem is here:

      .yui-overlay,
      .yui-panel-container {
      visibility:hidden; // <-- here is the problem
      position:absolute;
      z-index: 1;
      }

      the new menu control apply the yui-overlay to each menu or menubar,
      with cause a misbehavior comparing with the previous version of the YUI.

      Best Regards,
      Caridy Patiño
      http://www.bubbling-library.com/

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, georgiann puckett
      <gpuckett@...> wrote:

      > Hello YUI Community Members,
      >
      > The YUI 2.3.0 release has just been posted to Source Forge
      > <http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/download/> and is now available for use
      > in your development. We would like to take a brief moment at this time
      > to thank all of the community members who not only make use of our
      > components, but have also taken the time to send us feature requests
      and
      > bug reports. It is your feedback that helps us improve the usefulness
      > and quality of the YUI library. The attached list shows a summary of
      > all of the Source Forge bugs that have been fixed in the YUI 2.3.0
      > release. As a result of your input, YUI 2.3.0 is over 130 fixes
      > better! Special thanks to Satyam and Ted Husted for leading the
      pack in
      > feedback. Thanks also to all of you who have taken the time to test
      > drive and submit feedback on our 2.3.0 release candidate. We've been
      > able to address a large portion of the issues found as a result of your
      > timely feedback.
      >
      > Check out the YUI Blog
      > <http://yuiblog.com/blog/2007/07/31/yui-2-3-0-released/> for an
      overview
      > of the 2.3.0 release. We look forward to hearing your feedback as you
      > integrate the software update. ydn-javascript@ continues to be the
      > preferred forum for general comments or questions. If you find a bug,
      > please log the details and sample code in the YUI bug tracker on Source
      > Forge <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=165715&atid=836476>.
      >
      > Best regards
      > - george puckett
      > YUI program manager
      > (on behalf of the YUI team)

    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2007
        Caridy,

        If you could file a full bug report, that would be very helpful in this case as we troubleshoot.  It's going to be important to give us a link to a page that's misbehaving so we can look at the specific CSS interaction.

        Note that we've moved to a different model with our "default" CSS -- so the old CSS for Container that you're pointing to, though still functional, has been superseded by a new CSS skin:

        Look forward to seeing the entry in SourceForge; we'll look into that immediately.

        Regards,
        Eric

        Eric Miraglia
        Yahoo! User Interface Library