Re: [ydn-javascript] Scrolling to HTML element

  • Matt Sweeney
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2007
      Hi Alex,

      It sounds like you want the HTMLElement "scrollIntoView()" method:
      http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/DOM:element.scrollIntoView

      Matt

      Alessandro Vernet wrote:
      > Hi Gopal,
      >

      > Gopal Venkatesan wrote:
      >
      >> AFAIK there is not anything in YUI for doing this using a single method,
      >> but it is very easy to do otherwise.
      >>
      >> You can do this using "named anchors".
      >> http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/links.html
      >>
      >> Here's a quick example:
      >> http://gopalarathnam.com/examples/javascript/scroll.html
      >>

      > The example doesn't do the scrolling with JavaScript. And I don't want to
      > generate a link and tell the user to click on that link. I would like to
      > just scroll there, for instance upon on some condition depending on what
      > Ajax response I receive from the server.
      >
      > But I see there is a window.scrollTo(), which should do the trick. And you
      > can find the position of an element with YAHOO.util.Dom.getXY(). So I think
      > we're good on this one!
      >
      > Alex

    • Alessandro Vernet
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 31, 2007
        Hi Matt,

        Matt Sweeney wrote:

        > It sounds like you want the HTMLElement "scrollIntoView()" method:
        > http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/DOM:element.scrollIntoView

        That is even simpler! Somehow I missed that method. Thank you!

        Alex
        --
        Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms, open-source, for the Enterprise
        http://www.orbeon.com/

      • Jason Lee
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31, 2007
          On 7/31/07, Matt Sweeney <msweeney@...> wrote:
          > It sounds like you want the HTMLElement "scrollIntoView()" method:
          > http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/DOM:element.scrollIntoView

          It's almost midnight on a really rough day, so I could be WAY off, but
          isn't this kinda what you're looking for:

          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/animation/scroll.html

          --
          Jason Lee, SCJP
          Software Architect -- Objectstream, Inc.